Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 51 - So Thankful for the Sun!

I woke up this morning thinking I would feel terrible. I didn't. I felt refreshed and renewed. The sun was shining for the first time in a week and my heart was at rest. God is so good that His mercy's are new every morning!

I met with one of the girls I disciple last night and focusing on her and taking her to the Word with her questions was just what I needed. Our God is truly is better than life! I shared with her a video sermon that I had watched last week and the pastor was teaching on the book of Luke. He said that when he was in Israel the tour guide, an archaeologist, showed them the ancient local toilets. They were just a row with holes in them. Running in front of the ancient public toilets was fresh water where they would scoop up clean water to wash themselves after doing their deed on the toilet. The poor saw an opportunity to make some money so they put a sea sponge on a long stick and dipped it in the water and then wash the people for money. Obviously doing this to hundreds of people a day can spread disease so they started dipping the sponges in sour wine or vinegar to kill the bacteria. He said that as the tour guide is telling him this - a part of Scripture came alive to him. When Jesus said "I thirst" he always thought they were showing him a bit of compassion when they shoved the sponge up to his mouth. But seeing this, he realized it was probably the toilet sponge that they stuck in our Savior's mouth. That the last taste on earth was the most disgusting and vile thing a human can produce. And with that Jesus said, "Father, forgive them they don't know what they are doing." We beat Him, abused Him, gave Him an unfair trial, and shoved human waste in His mouth and He allowed it all - because He loved us so much.

I don't know that love. I will never reach that level of love. And He did all of this so that I could have everlasting life with Him and the Father. God is quite amazing and I'm thankful He chose me to be His child and not for anything that I did - All I did, do and try to do is worth nothing - it's all because Christ died on that cross. Amazing!

Oh, and I'm 100% not pregnant. I'm sure you figured that much but I didn't want to leave anyone hanging.

No comments: