Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 44 - Pictures! Pictures!

Well, here are some pictures of our finished kitchen renovation and a couple more! I am so happy with our accomplishment. It was a team effort done exactly as this Fern family likes it - Martin did things alone then passed the torch on to me to finish. We don't work well together. It's those first child qualities in both of us (I know I'm a second child but Clint is so laid back SOMEONE had to take those qualities but then I'm cursed with the second child qualities too - I'm so thankful I was chosen to be a child of God). But we are great encourager's as one does the work and the other stands back. I took some extra time this morning to take pictures before work. I'll go over all we did. Sorry, we are not available for hire. We just don't have time. But we will boss you around as you do it! We're great at that!

Below is a view taken from the walkway to the family room. Martin really wants a high top table and stools. So you might see those in a few months if you happen to stop by.

I love this shot below. It makes our house look very complete. I'm also so thankful for great windows! This is the morning light shining through. It goes from the back of the house to the front so we get amazing light all day.


Below is a view from the family room. We weren't going to paint the overhang where the clock is but as I was painting I just thought it made sense. It makes our cute $10 Ikea clock (featuring Celsius temperature and barometer) pop. Also there is a glimpse of our new faucet. We put in black granite counter tops in September and got a fun faucet. I love it!


So what does that writing say on the wall? Here's a close up. I need to change it more often but erasing the wall gives me chill bumps! I have to just suck it up and do it!


On the wall beside the chalkboard wall hangs our mission statement as a family. We found it in Lancaster (Amish country) at a great craft place. It's so simple but so powerful - much like our God.


Moving on to the outside! I was cleaning out my wallet last week and I found two target gift cards that were stuck in a section of my wallet that hardly sees the light of day. I went online to see if there was any money left and there was - $25 total! What an amazing surprise! I saw a wreath at Pier One that was Easter eggs and I loved it but it was more than I wanted to pay. I happened to see a similar one at Target a few weeks ago and thought maybe I'd save my money and buy it. It was $19.99 and I went right out and got it! Wanted to share it with you. It's so cute. And we got a wreath hanger at Pottery Barn over Christmas that says "The Ferns" on it. It's brass or silver plated and wasn't too bad in price and I think it looks great with the egg wreath.


Remember 21 days ago when the ground was covered in snow and huge piles were in our yard from shoveling the driveway? Well here's what is left. I had to get a shot of it today because at 8 o'clock this morning it was 50 degrees so I have a feeling this pile will be gone by the afternoon. Spring is coming! What an amazing promise!




2 comments:

Sonya and Aaron said...

hey sarah! i love the pics! you guys did such a GREAT job. and i love the sunshine coming through...isn't the sunshine so encouraging? i've been needing it lately. i get so lonely when aaron is on night float. look forward to seeing you guys soon. listening to my glory revealed 2 cd right now. it is SO GOOD! praying for you guys

Jayme said...

Very cool Sarah! Like your overall blog too :)