Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 29 - Pounds Lost? 4

I think weighing in on a Monday should be banned! Okay, maybe not. I actually enjoy doing it in a weird way because it helps me on the weekend. One of the many times I did Weight Watchers I went to the Friday evening meetings. That was a bit much. I not only starved myself Monday through Friday until 5 PM, I ate like a queen Friday night through Sunday night. I've manipulated the scales all my life. I'm not kidding anyone by doing that.

Sunday nights are hard because we usually don't eat lunch on Sunday until after 1 PM and then we have Crosswalk at 6 PM so by 8 PM I am hungry. We go to different people's houses after Crosswalk or stay at the gym so there is always food afterwards but not good food. It's the snacking food that is cheap (since we as leaders buy it) and the calories can add up but the fullness of your stomach doesn't. I usually leave feeling unsatisfied and in need of meat. Last night I wanted a burger from Wendy's so bad. I had already eaten plenty of food (cheese, crackers, an oreo - double stuffed - mmm, another random cookie, and a sliver of pizza). I wanted meat but it was 9 PM and there was no reason for me to eat that late. I wrestled with my thoughts on the way home. We spent a lot of money on food last week because of our kitchen renovation (things add up!) and financially it wasn't wise and the fact that it was 9 PM and I was going to be in bed by 10 PM really wasn't wise. So I went home and cleaned out the refrigerator, did some laundry and went to bed. And guess what? I didn't die. It's quite amazing, actually. If you go to bed a little hungry you will not die.

I know, I need to post some pictures of our new wall in our kitchen. I'll try to do that soon. I'm so thankful it's over and I can now cook and be normal in my kitchen! Homemade chicken tenders and potatoes tonight!

2 comments:

Sonya and Aaron said...

Hey Sarah! you crack me up....i love your revelation that going to bed hungry really doesn't kill you! i laugh bc i have a horrible habit of wanting a snack just before bed, just to make sure i won't be hungry while i'm sleeping?!? proud of you for resisting the urge! i heard on something that you should measure your waist bc sometimes you will lose inches faster than you will lose pounds. hope you have a good week!

Aaron said...

Yeah 4 lbs! a healthy weight loss is about a pound a week so nice work sis! Keep it up... dr's orders!
aaron