Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 74 - Spring Has Arrived!

My Bradford pear tree is blooming white and smells like fish - it must be spring! Martin is going to be cutting it down soon. I know, very sad. They bloom white in the spring, beautiful green leaves in the summer, red in the fall, and berries in the winter. What is so bad about them except for the fish smell when they are blooming white flowers you ask? The roots are above ground (perhaps because they didn't plant it deep enough). They are traveling with much force in the direction of our front walkway and foundation. So, either this weekend or the next the tree will be coming down. We have a dogwood on the edge of our property in our front yard but the previous owners must have bought it on clearance because if you sneeze, it might fall over, it's that small.

Last night was our first night out together at the Rowan University gym! How romantic. I loved being back in a gym. You are around sweaty, stinky people who don't care if you are sweaty and stinky. There is lots of fun equipment to keep my A.D.D. (self diagnosed) happy. I love that fact that I can be inside the gym in less than 10 minutes after I leave my house. It almost takes me that long to walk up to the room we keep our elliptical machine. I think this is a start of a beautiful relationship. Martin and I always do better when we are both working out and eating healthy. We are our own worst enemy and best friend when it comes to eating and exercising.

This weekend I am going with my mother-in-law's church to their ladies retreat in Sandy Cove, MD. It is a retreat center sitting on the Chesapeake Bay. I'm excited to get away, sleep, fellowship, and READ all tomorrow afternoon by the bay! I hope that I am not disappointed by my vision of cuddling up in a chair at the edge of the water with a book, a sweatshirt, blanket and sunglasses during our free time tomorrow. Martin was asked to attend the Philadelphia pro league soccer game Saturday night. Between cutting down a tree and soccer I'm sure he'll busy until I return on Sunday night.

No comments: