Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 67 - To My Grandmother Lawson

Dear Grandmother Lawson,

I know holidays are usually the hardest when it comes to missing family that have died and Easter is especially hard when it comes to you. I got a pedicure for the Easter season and I knew you would happy. My toes are nicely painted! You always loved a lady to look her best. That was the Avon lady in you. I haven't bought an Easter outfit yet but I do have off tomorrow and I have a coupon so I might go see if I can find a reasonably priced outfit. It's funny, up here in the north not as many people dress up for Easter but I usually do. I got Martin a nice shirt and tie. I know you always sent mom money so that we could get a complete outfit from head to toe. $100 a child was a lot of money (still is for an outfit) but you were sure to send it. I'm so thankful for that.

The last time I saw you, you told me you wish you could give Martin and I money so we could buy a house. I wish you could see where we live now. We were able to buy our house because of you. I know you would love our house. I'm pretty sure I get my decorating taste from you.

When you died, I went to help mom clean out your house. I was able to find a notebook that you had used to study your bible and write out your Sunday School lessons. It was great to see your handwriting and thoughts on Scripture. I know you were so faithful at church and loved teaching your class. Your work ethic was something that I aways looked up to.

I miss you so much and I want you to know that my children will know great things about their Great Grandmother Lawson. You leave a great legacy.

I wonder sometimes about heaven. Does God allow you to have a glimpse of us down here? You probably don't care because you get to be at our Savior's feet worshiping Him!

I love you and Happy Easter!
Sarah

2 comments:

Kami said...

I love your grandmom and I didn't even know her!

beccag said...

So I happened upon your blog and perused through when I came to this.. brought tears to my eyes (which is pretty tough to do) grandmas are great. :)