Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 72 - THE GYM

Okay, I can't take it. We're joining a gym. For some reason I feel like I've failed myself because we are joining a gym. I have everything I need at home and outside but I choose not to use them on a regular basis. I feel like a giant house this week and the scales are turning on me!

I've been praying about this and talking to Martin for over a month now and he checked Rowan's gym out and for both of us (thank you alumni discount) it is $400 for the year (that's less than $35/month combined). This includes all the fitness, weights, and pool. Martin said we can keep each other accountable by working out right after work together. And the super cool thing is he called me today and said that he is getting a $1,200.00 bonus next week! Never happened before to him although there were rumors of those before the recession hit. Praise the Lord!

My biggest battle is the feeling of failure. But the root of that is pride. BOO! I hate that word because I'm so good at it. I want to do this on my own. I want to look back and say, "Yup, only eating less and exercising more is all it takes." But that only puts the spotlight on me and God's not a big fan of that.

We are headed over tonight or tomorrow night to join. I would love to swim but I'll have to get a cap for my hair because I keep having flashbacks of green hair in the summer when I was young. If you're looking for me, go to the Rowan gym and look in the pool. I'll be the one with the flowered swim cap on!

No comments: