Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 4 & 5 - Picky Picky

I love picking at food! If it's a genetic disorder then I get it from my Grandmother Jones. She would always stand and watch us eat when we came over and we'd encourage her to sit and eat and she's always say that she wasn't hungry because she picked at everything while she made it.

Much of what I make is made in the oven so I don't pick at raw chicken but last night I had put a pork loin in the crock pot and as I was shredding it and adding bbq sauce (Sweet Rays BBQ - Thanks to Jack and Kami for making us huge fans) I picked at it until I realized I was full. Martin wasn't home yet so I stopped picking and started doing something else.

I'm a picker. Big deal. But if I am walking down this road to a more self-disciplined life then I need to stop my picking. I am doing it without thinking. I am putting something in my mouth without another thought until my slowly shrinking stomach says, "I think I'm good."

I guess this goes with "taking every thought captive" that Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 10:4-5. I love how the Amplified version says it:

"For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)."

Wow, that's good stuff. I must say, I can tell that my stomach has gotten a bit smaller as this week has gone by - but right now, I don't care because my heart is changing. And I guess that's what it's about huh? And I'm only at day 5. Wow, what you can learn in a few days when you allow the Holy Spirit to move.

1 comment:

Sonya and Aaron said...

Hey Sarah, I think I just want to leave a comment so you will know that I am reading and praying for you!! And SO EXCITED to see what God is going to do IN you and THROUGH you. "Without faith it is impossible to please God, bc anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that HE REWARDS THOSE WHO EARNESTLY SEEK HIM!!!!!" Hebrews 11:6