Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 2 - Exercise

I hate exercising. That's all there is to it. I hate moving and sweating and being aware of my breathing - which is usually bothered. Getting off my bum and moving is nothing but torture. I wish I liked soccer or basketball or running. But I don't like them so I will continue on the elliptical until it is warm enough to walk. And honestly, it's not what I do - it's just doing something. I like to fall into the trap of "if I get a gym membership then I'd be so skinny!" For me, it's the mindset. There is no magic - just sweat and soreness. That's it.

I can do this. I will do this. By the grace of God.

I wonder if I will one day look forward to exercising. Probably not. But the results of exercising will outweigh the feelings of sleeping that extra 45 minutes. That's what I'm telling myself.

And I know I won't look like a supermodel when all of this is said and done (although I know I won't be done until God takes me home). I'm not doing it for that. My body is a Temple. It's just time to start treating it like one instead of a cheap fast food restaurant, I am a building for my God. Weird to actually think about it but it's true. And I fill my building with crap. Whether it's food or what I put in my mind. It's all the same. It's changing but I'm only on Day 2.

No comments: