Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 159 - Kinda Where I Am Right Now

I'm not really sure what's going to happen but God is doing a great work in my heart right now. I really am seeing the evidence of seeking His face. Seeking His Words in Scripture. Seeking His desires. I'm having a hard time putting it into practice around me. I know that God will give me the grace to do this. What I truly need is wisdom and patience and power from the Holy Spirit to respond to not only what God wants but to respond to others correctly. I'm not saying I'm in a higher place than some, just in a different place than what seems like many. I am in war with my flesh and it has never seemed as evident as it is now.

My dad sent me this video and it's David Platt speaking. He's the pastor that wrote the book I recently finished, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream. It's not the book that is changing me, it is God. But it is the most practical book I've ever read. Showing me what I've become and the lies I've chosen to follow about the American dream. Click HERE for the link to the video. It's about 2 minutes long.

Hope everyone has an amazing holiday! Martin is headed up to Word of Life in New York to move Pastor Joe and his family. I'm thankful he is able to help. Tyler, (Pastor Joe's son and our temporary roommate) is also going so you would think I would enjoy a nice few days by myself but Dave and Pam, a couple in our church, are coming home from their honeymoon tonight and I'm picking them up at the airport and they are moving into Pastor Joe's home tomorrow (they recently bought it from them). So I am helping, as much as I can without hurting my back. Martin will be home on Sunday and we're hoping to spend a nice relaxing Monday at his parent's house. Then Tuesday, Martin's mom and I are headed to Ocean City to sit at the beach ALL DAY LONG with Danielle who is down there for the week. 93 degrees is the high and the cool, non-BP oil beach will be a perfect place to be. Good location, good friends, good conversations.

No comments: